Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Mini album pocket or toilet paper roll? Both!

  I went in the bathroom to brush my teeth and out of the corner of my eye I saw an empty toilet paper roll that had not quite made it into the trash can. So I picked it up and went to throw it away and thought hmmmm, maybe I'll try a toilet paper roll mini. Yes, I know that that trend has been over for quite a while, but I've never made one. So I thought, what the heck?
 I went up to my studio and started to prep my rolls (when I get my voice back I'm going to do a video tutorial) Basically I squished the roll down, wet the inside with a spray bottle along the creases, sprayed with Tattered Angels Suede Glimmer Mist, then ran it through my Big Shot with an embossing plate, then dried them with my heat gun.
 Now I had tried to run it through both sides of the tube to get the embossing on each side...but when you do that, you end up flattening the embossing on one side. I wasn't really upset by this, but the more I looked at the prepped pieces, the more I kept thinking these would make great pockets.
 So long story short...no mini, just fun pockets!


 You could cut a decorative notch in the middle, or cut a pretty edge above the top.
 If the idea of using a toilet paper tube is a little icky to you lol, the same can be done with a paper towel tube. Check back later for a link to my tutorial.

YouTube:  http://www.youtube.com/user/shabbybeautiful?feature=mhee
Etsy:       http://www.etsy.com/shop/shabbybeautiful
Facebook:  http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002668928370

2 comments:

  1. Some excellent ideas here I don’t have a news blog as such but there are some great tips that I plan to use.
    paper tubes

    ReplyDelete