Monday, June 4, 2012

 This was a pretty quick little project...I had a lot of fun doing it......it's nice to be able to sit down and actually finish something! lol

 I love these little alterable boxes! The frame stands up like an easel and the drawer slides open to reveal your goodies! I made a little keychain mini and tucked it into my box, it fits perfectly....although I was dangerously close to making it to chunky lol. I did a crackle paint treatment on the whole box which is very easy. I just painted the box brown, then painted it with the crackle medium, then with the white, then with a clear satin varnish. It sounds very time consuming, but it actually goes very quickly. I used a foam brush (well, 4 of them actuallY) and my heat gun to speed the drying.....be careful if you use the heat gun on the crackle medium...you can bubble it if you heat it too much.   then, I just embellished it with some Prima flowers and a little organza butterfly. The image is from one of my collage sheets.


Here's the drawer and the cute little drawer pull.


I papered the part under the frame. Love the way the frame props up like an easle.

Side view. The frame stays up bu propping against little notches in the base.

To My Dear Friend is the little hidden message....this can't be seen when the frame is propped up, or laying flat. It's a perfect little place for private sentiments.



Open up the drawer and find the mini!




The cover is very simple, just a Shabby Chic vintage image, punched butterfly and Prima rose. All the edges were inked with Vintage Photo distress ink.

I covered a chipboard dress form with design paper and made a skirt out of some of my new trim. This is just a single trim, I didn't embellish it in any way. I glued the dress form on 2 sides to make a little pocket for my vintage image. Journaling or a picture can be added to the back of the image.


The little "pocket" is 2 different trims. The sequin flowers were cut from a seperate trims and glued to the Venice lace. I just tacked the lace down on the sides to form the pocket that holds the images.






simple page with paper doily (Justpeeking out under the Prima flower)

I love this little oval shape! The flower is from I am roses and the pretty little teardrop trim is new in my shop

I layered the Pretty Prima hydrangeas on to a lacy organza flower cut from a pretty trim. The blue peeking out from the sides is some of my colored seam binding


This pocket is made from a pretty sequined applique. The applique was too pig, so i cut it down. i can use the other part on another project. it holds the images perfectly. The top has a flower and a row of flat pearls

Collage sheet:



Love this bright image on the back!
                               Collage sheet:  http://www.zibbet.com/shabbybeautiful/artwork?artworkId=883679

 Thanks for stopping by! You can peek at my youtube video if you'r bored lol!

5 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Misty! I've never seen a box like this before! Thank you for sharing this inspirational piece! Hugs, Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  2. totally gorgeous xx angel

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen...My favorite!!! victoria

    ReplyDelete