Friday, September 7, 2012

Sweet little altered slide folder

 Hello Friends!
  Woke this morning and did this little project...after a gallon of coffee of course! This was really fun, just flew by the seat of my pants.


I started with a plain chipboard slide folder. These are super thick and hold up to a lot of painting and embellishing. I should've taken a picture of how thick they are...they are a double thickness of chipboard...

Anyway, I started by cutting the little dividing bar out of the middle to make 1 recessed area. Just used a craft knife.

Next I painted both sides with Martha Stewart Metallic paint (from home depot)
I used a staz on black inkpad to stamp the front and distress the edges. I just simply ran the edges across the ink pad.

The bats are painted with the same metallic paint in a different color....then I just embellished! Really quick and fun. A favorite Halloween picture can go in the recessed slide area.
These are great to display standing up because they are so sturdy.
You can purchase sets of 5 in my store if you're interested!







 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Misty!
    I really love this project. It is unique and I really like that. I like how you added the flower to an Halloween project.

    I have been meaning to ask you...What are the names of the colors you have in the M/S paints. I just so happen to have left over paint that I had gotten for a Home Decor project and had not even thought about using it on my paper projects until I saw your video. Thanks for sharing,
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete